£45,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
about 3 years ago
Long established my client provides the advice and support needed to achieve longer-term financial control.
To ensure that the Risk and Compliance function continues to support the firms regulatory requirements both now and in the future, they are currently reviewing and strengthening their existing team.
They are currently looking for an individual to lead the Compliance Monitoring Team. Reporting to the Head of Compliance you’ll take responsibility for the development, documentation and execution of the firms compliance monitoring plan, ensuring the delivery of high quality compliance monitoring activities across the firm which provide assurance over compliance with regulation and good client outcomes.
Duties & Responsibilities;
- Develop and execute a compliance monitoring plan that takes into consideration all areas of the group, including its subsidiaries, with priorities determined using a risk-based methodology to ensure that compliance is comprehensively monitored.
- Maintain and further develop the risk-based approach for the groups monitoring framework including determining the appropriate tools and methodologies, the extent of the monitoring programme including thematic and ad-hoc reviews, and the frequency of monitoring activities.
- Ensure effective resource planning through understand the capacity and capability of the compliance monitoring team to ensure that work is effectively managed.
- Ensure that all monitoring activity is carried out effectively and in a timely manner with regular reporting on progress against plan and objectives to the Head of Compliance and key stakeholders.
- Support the compliance monitoring team to promote a positive compliance culture and maintain a strong and independent second line of defence within the group.
- Lead review activity where required particularly where reviews are more complex, where data analysis or regulatory focus identifies thematic or systemic issues, or when directed to by the Head of Compliance.
The successful candidate will have extensive and proven experience of working within a senior compliance monitoring management role within an FCA regulated financial services firm as well as strong and practical working technical knowledge of financial services and other associated regulation and legislation including:
- FCA - CONC / CASS / SYSC / DISP / MCOB / PRIN / T&C / TCF Outcomes
- Insolvency legislation - IVA Code of Ethics and SIPs / DRO / Bankruptcy
- Financial Crime and Anti-Money Laundering
- Data Protection
Your application must demonstrate these skills:
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills including written, oral and presentation skills
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to lead a team and develop people
- Self-starter with the ability to progress a work plan with minimal supervision
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Proven experience of producing reports for distribution to key stakeholders and executive and board committees
- Proven experience of leading thematic and more complex compliance reviews
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to articulate difficult messages and gain buy in from senior management
Salary range is negotiable and will be entirely commensurate with experience but reflect the significance of the role