£40,000 - £50,000 + Benefits
about 1 month ago
My client is a well-respected and trusted provider of financial products, including mortgages, savings, insurance and investments.
An exciting opportunity currently exists for an individual to become part of this small close-knit team where reporting to the Head of Risk & Compliance, you will provide in-depth and technical second line support, advice and guidance on risk and compliance matters across the Group. You will lead on Risk and Compliance initiatives and programmes of work as necessary
- Provide in-depth and technical risk and compliance advice, guidance and support to the first line.
- To lead and implement Risk and Compliance initiatives and programmes of work.
- Provide support to the Head of Risk and Compliance and Chief Risk Officer in delivering the annual compliance plan and agenda.
- Produce and support the analysis and preparation of Committee and Regular Reporting.
- Support the embedment and maintenance of the Risk Management Framework and supporting processes.
- Provide support to the Risk and Compliance team, including any Risk & Compliance assurance activities as set out in the Combined Assurance Plan or as required.
- Act as a trusted member of the team, complying at all time with the Conduct Rules.
- Keep up to date with developments in Regulatory and Legal requirements and provide an advisory function to the Group.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with key stakeholders including Executive Members and other Management.
- Liaise with Auditors and Regulators where required.
- Experience of working within the UK Financial Services industry with a financial services firm, regulator or a professional services firm.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent stakeholder management at all levels.
- Good understanding of the FCA rules and knowledge of the requirements of other Regulators
Salary range is broad and commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role. They are ideally looking for a candidate who has experience across both Risk and Compliance but they would be equally happy to consider someone with a background purely in Compliance but who was open to considering developing their experience in the Risk space.
As well as a competitive salary, they offer an excellent benefits package with a fantastic working environment. The role will initially be home based and then likely it will be a mix of office (3 days) and home (2 days) based working.