£65,000 - £70,000 + Car Allowance + Excellent Benefits
17 days ago
Our client is a large Financial Services organisation, a leader in their field and has a UK wide presence. An excellent opportunity has arisen to join this business in the role of Senior Risk & Assurance Consultant. Reporting to the Group Head of Risk and Internal Audit, this role requires expertise in advising on best practice for all governance and Compliance activities operated by the growing financial services division. The role will be an expert senior position within the team, involving lead responsibilities for all FS-related audit/assurance engagements and independently providing the Head of Risk and Internal Audit with the provision of coordinated assurance around FS activities at plc Board/Audit Committee level.
Key responsibilities include:
·The role will be a senior position within the team, involving lead responsibilities for all FS-related audit engagements and independently providing the He Recognised expertise with the interpretation of FCA regulations.
·Detailed knowledge of the conduct of mortgage and protection sales, the wider FCA Handbook and the multitude of all other existing and developing FCA regulations.
- In particular, the role will need to cover comprehensive regulatory focused assessments of the effectiveness of the following areas:
- governance framework
- policy setting – coverage and content
- ‘second-line’ effectiveness
- conduct risk MI and practices
- quality assurance teams
- Area Compliance Manager routines
- sales file reviews
- adviser and manager/director incentive schemes
- training & competency programmes
- financial promotions/marketing
- financial crime and anti-money laundering monitoring
- complaints handling processes.
- The candidate must also have the ability to demonstrate commercial acumen and be able to raise recommendations that significantly improve the efficiency and profitability of business processes, without compromising regulatory compliance.
- Ability to frequently and effectively deal with Directors at subsidiary and main Board level, including a persona where the candidate has the ability to stand firm on audit findings in the face of conflicting views from senior personnel.
- Ability to effectively advise the Head of Risk and Audit and governance forums on all FS related regulatory matters.
- Assurance/Monitoring and conduct risk expertise
- Mortgages and/or Insurance experience
- Senior compliance expert in conduct risk/FCA regulations across any area of Financial Services
- Relevant FS qualification to support expertise in relevant product areas – e.g. Dip PFS, ACII, Cert CII (MP), CIP
- Working knowledge of all FCA regulations relevant to mortgage and protection products (e.g. ICOBs, MCOBs, FCA handbook, MMR, RDR, behavioural economics, add-ons, credit risk, RMAR returns, Insurance Distribution Directive, Senior Managers Regime).
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
To discuss the role in greater detail please contact Paul Sherlock on 0161 883 2746 or send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org