£43,000 + Benefits
2 months ago
Our client is a well-known Financial Services organisation who are looking for a risk professional to undertake the role of Senior Risk Analyst. In this role you will support the risk manager in providing oversight of risks and risk events within the business in line with the enterprise-wide risk management framework. (EWRMF). Work with compliance members of the team to ensure that they amend their compliance monitoring plan to appropriately focus on the real risks facing the business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the risk event, breaches and operational loss register, monitoring and chasing progress through to resolution. Ensure a clear understanding of the root cause of the issue and verify completion of the preventative action(s) undertaken.
- Manage the audit action tracker, monitor and chase progress through to the resolution of the related issues.
- Influence the identification of new / emerging risks. Monitor key risk Indicators and the profile of risk against appetite through the risk register and in line with the EWRMF. Calibrate the profile of risks in light of experience.
- Manage risk registers, including regular meetings with the risk champion within each department. Monitor and influence progress with action plans, to reduce/mitigate or eliminate the risk.
- Verify risk controls are resilient and effective by testing within an agreed monitoring programme.
- Ensure all reporting requirements of risk are created and delivered on time i.e. MI packs and reports to ExCo, Risk Committee and the Board.
- Support the risk manager in undertaking ad hoc projects including deep dive investigations as required.
- Oversee the policy management framework, reviewing and updating departmental policies on an annual basis and ensuring the relevance of risks stated in Company Policies.
- Support the risk manager in delivering the risk champions’ quarterly meeting and risk assessments of new systems processes and initiatives.
- Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience working in a risk management role within a regulated environment.
- Be able to capture and summarise in reports detail provided on risk events and risks by other business areas.
- Demonstrate the ability to confidently and effectively express yourself verbally to influence and negotiate in order to obtain a mutually agreed outcome.