MERJE are currently supporting a General Insurance client with a key hire for a Senior Risk Actuary.
This role will be based in a Risk & Actuarial team that has been recently set up to focus on the analysis of both first and second line risk. As a Senior Risk Actuary, you will be tasked with assessing and managing risks that have been provided by those who focus on the first line. The risk analysis you provide will then be utilised by the Actuarial teams across the business internationally.
This is a specialist Risk team with dedicated Actuaries, but you will also be working alongside the Actuarial (Capital & Reserving), Underwriting and Finance functions.
This opportunity provides a variety in project work and assessing a wide range of risks impacting the business.
What we need from you?
- Qualified Actuary – FIA/FFA (or qualified by experience)
- General Insurance experience is essential.
- Strong knowledge of Solvency II and UK insurance regulations
- Working experience of Capital/Reserving and linking it to Risk Management.
- Stakeholder engagement with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Desirable experience with IFRS17
This employer is open to a flexible/part time working arrangement and also offers a fantastic benefits package.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.