5 months ago
Merje are partnered with One of the UK’s top three car insurance companies and officially one of the nation’s very best companies to work for!
We are looking for creative, innovative and ambitious individuals with 2-5 years’ experience in any general insurance pricing role, who have a track record of finding insight in data, can take ownership for driving forward change and have a passion for sharing your knowledge and experience with colleagues, both at a peer level and ideally also in a mentoring/coaching role (although no formal management experience is required).
Your new role:
- Analysing our pricing structures and past performance to improve risk management.
- Assessing the usefulness of external data sources and managing partnerships with data vendors
- Communicating results and ideas to key decision makers across different group companies, including Heads of Department and CEO/COO
- Collaborating with peers in pricing and with stakeholders from all relevant areas of the business
- Coaching/mentoring team members
Qualifications, skills and experience we are looking for
- A degree, 2:1 (or equivalent) or above in a highly mathematical subject
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills supported by a solid academic and work background
- 2-5 year's experience in any general insurance pricing role
- Experience of working with SAS or similar packages essential
- Experience of GLM and/or Machine Learning techniques and software such as Emblem is an advantage
- Proactive and creative approach to taking initiative and getting things done
- Willingness to learn from the bottom up and put in the time to acquire the necessary technical skills
- Team player with proven ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Personality and a sense of humour (work should be fun!)
- Ideally, you will have some coaching/mentoring experience (inside or outside of work), but this isn't essential
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.