£65,000 - £70,000
about 1 year ago
Our client is a leading bank who are currently recruiting for a Senior Operational Risk Manager. The role will be responsible for providing Operational Risk leadership, maintaining the Bank’s Operational Risk Framework and accompanying standards.
- Develop end to end Operational Risk Frameworks and lead, drive, influence, monitor and support the implementation and reporting, ensuring that they are fit for purpose for the size, nature and complexity of the Bank and comply with regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Lead, manage, develop and motivate people in line with the Bank Management Charter to ensure they know what is expected of them, maximise their performance and develop their potential.
- Lead and deliver an effective independent oversight, review and challenge framework for execution across the business units and support functions ensuring compliance to the Operational Risk Framework.
- Lead and deliver an effective Operational Risk Training program covering all layers of the organisation.
- Provide strong subject matter expertise to advise and challenge working closely with the Risk Champions.
- Lead ad-hoc investigations, internal and external reporting as required.
- Lead IT and change oversight Operational Risk frameworks and ensure appropriate coverage.
- Perform gap analysis against industry standards as required and horizon scanning to ensure that new regulation or guidelines are considered for implementation.
- Lead Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Processes (ICAAP) for Operational Risk
- Deliver one off activities and projects to the outcomes and standards agreed with line manager.
- Strong and extensive experience at a Senior Operational Risk Manager level, preferably within a retail banking or similar regulated environment.
- In depth technical knowledge of sophisticated operational risk; identification, assessment and remediation monitoring tools
- Extensive experience of leading, motivating and developing people/teams