£70,000 - £90,000 + Benefits
about 2 years ago
To provide oversight to risk management, and support implementation of, the operational risk management framework to relevant business areas.
To promote good control related behaviour by key risk takers within the business and ensure that areas of risk are identified and mitigating actions are sufficient to mitigate those risks to within the appetite of the business, its shareholder and other stakeholders.
The role will involve:
- Perform operational risk partner role in designated areas of responsibility and support direct report with corporate functions including Corporate Strategy and Planning, Customer Services and Human Resources.
- Be the face of operational risk management to the senior executives in designated areas and to discuss all operational risk matters.
- Coordinate business risk review of potential Mergers and Acquisition due diligence as required, liaising with LC Risk Management.
- Manage the implementation of operational risk control framework ensuring that outputs from designated business areas are consistent with Group & business risk appetite and framework.
- Manage the completion of analysis of operational risk management outputs from designated business areas (eg Self Assessments, issues and losses) to support the routine and tailored reporting required on the corporate and industry risk environment.
- Together with management team provide challenge and oversight of corporate level risk and management and sufficiency of management actions to mitigate those risks
- Represent operational risk management on required project boards, steering groups or business management meetings.
- At least 10 years business experience, with a focus in Risk Management, audit or similar internal control systems related role.
- Strong understanding of financial services industry and life assurance industry.
- Experience of managing a team. Ability to analyse risks and understand complex business processes quickly.