£42,000 - £50,000
5 months ago
This is a great opportunity to join a fast paced organisation ensuring all models are developed and maintained in line with their Model Governance Policy. In this 2nd line role, you’ll practically validate new and existing models and build a collaborative relationship with their 1st line teams. This role strikes the balance of utilising both your analytical and people skills, as you’ll work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and colleagues to ensure effective models are in place.
Key responsibilities include:
- Present findings and recommendations to the Model Governance Committee, ensuring you tailor your supporting materials and presentation style to the audience.
- You’ll provide consultancy support to Modelling teams across the business and take the lead on the diagnosis and resolution of any problems or issues that arise.
- The key competencies for this role are:
- Influencing skills
- Experience in a model validation role
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- An analytical mind set, someone who can work with and educate a diverse range of people on the complexities of modelling techniques.
- You’ll be able to communicate your technical and specialist knowledge in a way to suit your audience, and be a company ambassador for external stakeholders.
- You’ll have a keen eye for detail as you will be required to produce high-quality documentation to suit a range of audiences.
- You’ll have a working knowledge of relevant statistical software, with the ability to apply this to a range of modelling techniques.
- Adhering to the Model Governance Policy, you’ll have an understanding of the regulations which govern the business and its financial reporting, allowing you to adapt swiftly into this pivotal role.
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.