4 months ago
A Senior role with focus on system process and development enhancements and increased analytical abilities. A self-starter with the passion and drive to achieve stretching targets and deliver significant benefit within challenging environments. Accountable to the MI Manager, with responsibilities as described below.
- Generate and deliver all periodic and regular reporting (Governance, Regulatory, MI, Third Parties etc.) in agreed formats and within agreed timescales, SLA’s and accuracy
- Acquire specialist subject matter expertise from other areas (Stakeholder and Insight and Analytics Analysts) during the BAU cycle.
- Investigate issues identifying and highlighting trends (negative and positive) and emerging issues.
- Make recommendations for improvements coming from above (identifying exceptions, root cause analysis)
- Production of ad-hoc MI reporting when required.
- Development of reporting capabilities including Business Objects Development
- Enhancement of reporting through automation and use of new technology.
- Review the effectiveness of MI & Reporting against including analysis against expectations and requirement definitions, providing insight into any variances.
- Participation in Reporting Team and company-wide projects.
- Represent the Reporting Team in projects and change meetings.
- Maintaining records, communicating requirements, monitoring deliverables.
- Provide challenge as required with supporting evidence.
- Provide information to allow management to make informed decisions.
- Build and maintain relationships and networks, internally and externally seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to support continual improvement.
Keep knowledge up to date in respect of MI & reporting, Mortgage business (new and Existing), Arrears Management, Risk, Complaints Management, Controls Assessment
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Characteristics Required
- Advanced Excel, Access and PowerPoint (vba development in all three )
- Advanced vbScript (to deliver reporting automations)
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge to practical situations.
- Capability to deliver a high degree of accuracy and integrity in all work.
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement.
- Planning and Organisation Skills – and ability to deliver under pressure with own initiative and to tight timescales.
- Ability to communicate at all levels – both verbal and written.
- Ability to interpret and deal with written, spoken and numerical data..
- Visual Basic For Applications (and ability to bridge Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Self-motivated with desire to acquire new skills, learn from peers and embrace continual development according to industry best practices and resources (Council of Mortgage Lenders, Process Benchmarking Limited, The Planning Forum)
- SQL Language
- Creating, modifying and deploying SSRS reports in line with Business Requirements.