£75,000 - £95,000 pa
2 months ago
Working closely with the finance team, the Financial Risk Manager will be responsible for providing second line oversight to ensure any risks are managed effectively. Providing appropriate challenge and input to ensure that key control measures, processes and governance are in place and are working as they should.
Key responsibilities include:
- Will be responsible for the following- Credit Risk, Interest Rate Risk, Liquidity Risk, Capital Risk and Counterparty Risk
- Design and implementation of strategies and to mitigate risks
- Design the risk limit framework to ensure it is suitable to measure and monitor all large exposures related to the key risk areas.
- Attend and provide review and challenge of GALCO Management Information, in particular the outputs of Stress and Scenario analysis and actual exposures against key risk limits; providing a risk perspective on exposures that are approaching or in breach of limits and confirming that proposed actions taken by Management to mitigate the risks are appropriate.
- Monitor and review compliance with relevant Financial and Securitisation regulation, including relevant oversight of Regulatory Reporting.
- Ensure that actions raised by Management to address significant risk exposures are appropriately implemented.
- Provide oversight and confirmation that Treasury deals executed with external counterparties (i.e. Funding extensions, swap transactions) have been completed in line with agreed procedures.
- Ensure Finance, Treasury and ALM RCSA documents are reflective of the current control environment and ensure identified breaches are logged and reported in a timely manner.
- Participate and provide input to technical working groups lead by Group Finance, Treasury, ALM.
Previous experience and qualifications:
- Numerical degree and strong analytical skills.
- 5+ years management experience
- Expert Microsoft Excel user, proficient in other Microsoft Office applications.
- A solid grounding in data analysis using quantitative analytic tools and good research skills.
- The ability to identify trends and interpret data from multiple sources and investigate anomalies and unusual patterns / activities.
- Effective problem-solving skills and ability to make recommendations based on findings considering commercial and customer implications.
- Excellent communication skills to articulate complex issues/analysis up to Board level and interact with other teams across the business both orally and in writing.
- Previous experience of second line financial risk management.
- Experience of managing and developing a high performing team
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.