£85,000 – 105,000
2 months ago
Our client is a well-known mid-tier Bank with global business lines including M&A, Corporate Banking, Credit Investments, Research and Trading, Sales, Money Markets, Forex, Derivatives, Securities Borrowing & Lending and Equities.
Due to their consistent growth, they are now looking to appoint an experienced IT Risk Manager to support the build-out and implementation of the Risk Framework across the UK.
The Risk Officer will be responsible for coordinating with key business stakeholders to understand and communicate the risk factors associated with Business strategy and operations. You will also identify and monitor potential risks across the business and establish efficient action plans to manage them.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensure the UK Business aligns and complies to the policies and standards for Technology Risk Management, Information Security, Information Management, Fraud and Physical Risk
• Serve as a point of contact when risk tolerance limits are breached within the Business / region as it pertains to Technology Risk Management, Information Security, Information Management, Fraud and Physical Risk
• Advise on risk management practices within the UK Business – provide guidance on risk assessment and control testing activities
• Maintain a thorough understanding of global, regional and local regulatory requirements that have technology impact especially ensuring that as it pertains to Technology Risk Management, Information Security, Information Management, Fraud and Physical Risk
• Perform risk assessments to identify gaps in compliance to information security (application and infrastructure) & BCP standards and policies, for both internal technology solutions as well as solutions provided by third-party service providers
• Contribute to global, regional and local Technology Risk Management, Information Security, Information Management, Fraud and Physical Risk initiatives aimed at improving the Bank’s baseline on information protection, resiliency and controls of technology processes and services
• Provide clear and concise verbal and written recommendations and guidance to both business and technology staff on matters of Technology Risk Management, Information Security, Information Management, Fraud and Physical
• Extensive IT Risk Management experience – preferably within FS
• 5+ years of relevant IT Risk experience
• Solid understanding of global, regional and local regulatory requirements
• Experience in the development and rollout of risk frameworks, policies and associated standards
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business Administration, or relevant educational and professional experience
• Demonstrated success managing a cross-functional team
• Strong stakeholder management abilities and the ability to effectively communicate information risk topics across all seniorities
• Analytical problem solver who understands strategies and identifies improvements
• Resilient and adaptable individual with the ability to drive change and innovation
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.