Senior IT Engineer
My client is on the lookout for an experienced Senior IT Engineer to join this well established company with over 40 years of experience to date. They are going through an exciting period of growth and currently employee over 500 people across the UK.
Located: Manchester or Sheffield
Salary range: £43,000 - £50,000
Hybrid working pattern
- Manage security incidents and alerts flagged by the Security Operations Centre, Secureworks
- Conducting vulnerability scanning to find and remediate issues, Cyber Essentials +
- Working with the IT Manager and third parties to improve the organisation's overall security
- Take ownership of any business-critical 3rd Line support tickets through to resolution
- Provide 2nd and 3rd Line Support in all technical areas
- Proactively manage deployment, planning and maintenance of software and hardware in conjunction with IT Manager
- Proactively manage and maintain Active Directory, Office 365, Group policy, user accounts and relevant file security permissions
What you'll need to succeed for this role, it is essential that you are a resilient problem solver who can think on their feet.
- Experience managing security events from an internal or external Security Operations Centre
- Firewall implementation and configuration and vendor technologies e.g. Palo Alto Cisco
- Identity and Access Management principles and best practices
- Experience in a 3rd Line Service Desk Analyst role with exposure to…..
- Windows 10,11 Windows Server 2016, 2019 Remote Desktop/Terminal services environments
- Intune, Azure AD
- Patch deployment and software upgrades
- HP\Dell server and networking hardware
- Storage Solutions Dell EqualLogic, Nimble, VMWare, Hyper V Virtualisation Cloud Platforms
- Confidence in making decisions
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
What’s in it for you?
- Basic Salary of between £43,000 and £50,000 per annum depending on experience
- Flexible Hybrid Working Pattern
- Company Pension Plan
- 20 days paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Opportunities for future training and career development
- On Site Parking