Our Client, a well-established UK bank, are on the search for a Senior IFRS9 Modelling Analyst.
• Understand, validate and approve model building methodology with 3rd party partner
• Build challenger models with a view to bringing model building in-house
• Monthly validation/ interpretation of IFRS9 Model outputs for all Group companies
• Present provision results to business Finance Directors on a monthly basis and satisfy any challenge from the business areas
• Ensure a high understanding of IFRS9 principles and drivers across the business
• Work with key stakeholders in the business advising on IFRS9 issues.
• Provide insight for PD/LGD/ EAD models. Build in-house models to compare.
• Monthly presentations to IFRS9 management committee as appropriate.
• Monthly investigation work as the business requires with presentation of findings to senior management
• Assist in the design, implementation and monitoring of new provision/ macroeconomic models
• Provide provision management reports which evaluate the risk profile of the company Customer base.
• Provide analysis to improve the provision impact of strategies set
• As required, manage relationships, liaise with other departments or external organisations e.g. Credit Bureau and 3rd party partners on any current or future initiatives
• Coach and develop a team of analysts as it grows. Conduct 1-2-1s and create development plans
• Build relationships and liaise with Operational teams as necessary to ensure that policies and procedures are being complied with in an efficient manner
• Develop provisioning methodologies
• Work with Credit Risk Team to explain reasons for performance
• Interaction with other business models e.g. pricing, attrition and budgeting
• Validate expert credit judgements
• Minimum of 3 years IFRS9/ IRB experience
• Management experience
• Educated to degree level
• Strong analytical experience
• Strong IT skills inc Advanced Microsoft products.
• Strong experience of reporting in SAS e.g. Macros/ automation of tasks/ scheduling etc.
• SQL programming is desirable but not essential.
• Excellent analytical and communication skills
• Good presentation and communication skills
• High level of self-motivation
• Able to take initiative and work with minimum supervision
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Strong desire to succeed and exceed goals set
• Degree in a numerate or business discipline is desirable
What’s in it for you:
• Great home working flexibility
• Competitive salary and additional benefits
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact email@example.com.