£35,000 - £40,000 pa
5 months ago
The Senior Fraud Analyst will deliver the overall fraud management framework including all detection and management strategies, systems, analysis & reporting.
Key responsibilities include:
Fraud Strategy - In-life
- Develop fraud detection and management strategies to protect and mitigate fraud loss by analysing large data sets, fraud databases and intelligence
- Work with other members of the credit risk team and business to ensure an effective “feedback loop” from learnings in-life to inform fraud prevention analysis
- Assist in the research of statistical techniques (machine learning, neural networks, etc) and industry best practice to ensure optimal fraud model design
- Work with operational teams (New Business, Contact Centre, Complaints, Asset Management) to ensure strategies are effectively delivered within an operational context
- Input into the development of all new product, process and system redesigns to ensure that fraud is appropriately considered
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, internal risk policies and Group guidance.
- Work with Credit Policy & Governance team to develop policy that adequately supports fraud, detection and management objectives
- Work with the Credit Policy & Governance teams, and 1st / 2nd line of defence teams to ensure that fraud strategies, processes and procedures are being adhered to.
- Identify current and future transactional fraud threats and use this insight to incrementally improve the fraud framework over time and respond to immediate material fraud incidents
- Chair the monthly Fraud Working Group with representatives from across the business to ensure effective understanding and controls of fraud losses
- Manage external relationships with fraud bodies e.g. CIFAS and contribute to industry discussions on fraud
Fraud Data & Systems
- Assist in the design, implement and management all fraud systems and policies across all products
- Extract, collate and structure fraud data to support the development of fraud mitigation strategies
- Use analytics to identify fraud trends, networks and produce fraud MI
- Ensure fraud intelligence from internal and external sources is tracked and appropriate action taken
- Assist in providing meaningful insight into fraud losses and reporting.
- Deliver Fraud reporting in line with regulatory and industry requirements
- Fraud Analytics experience with a good understanding of fraud prevention, detection and management processes
- Experience within consumer finance or similar industry
- Strong technical skills with coding experience in either SAS or SQL (or equivalent)
- In-depth analytical skills with the ability to digest and interpret complex concepts
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment (preferred).
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate to multiple and varied audiences (technical and non-technical)
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Some line management experience (preferred)
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.