£55,000 - £63,000 pa
3 months ago
My client is one of the UKs leading investment firms. They are currently looking for an individual to support the Head of Enterprise Risk with developing the organisation's Enterprise Risk Management Framework, ensuring it is fit for purpose, simple to understand, and that it works with and for the organization.
The role holder is integral in the seamless running of all aspects of the Risk Framework from risk identification, assessment and monitoring via RCSAs, to development and production of regular Risk Reporting for Executive and Board Risk Committees, to delivering effective organisation-wide risk governance.
- Responsible for developing the organisation’s Enterprise Risk Management Framework, ensuring it is complete, well documented, effective, and an appropriate monitoring plan is in place to measure adherence to all constituents of the framework, across the organisation
- Accountable for several work streams on the Enterprise Risk Embedding plan, helping the Enterprise Risk Team in fulfilling its ‘second line of defence’ responsibilities by providing effective support and challenge, across the organisation, to ensure adherence to documented policies, control standards, risk processes and procedures
- Accountable for leading the relationship with the supplier of the organisation’s risk system, and ensuring training on, and ongoing development and maintenance of the system is undertaken regularly to ensure its functionality is optimised to enable maximum and effective use across the organisation
- Responsible for providing 2nd Line support and challenge on organisational wide activities across all Enterprise Risk Categories including Operational, Capital, Market, Liquidity, Credit, Reputational, Conduct & Strategic Risk, ensuring weaknesses are reported and escalated in the appropriate manner. The role holder is not expected to be a specialist in all these areas but have reasonable understanding of the nature and sources of each of these risk types.
- Accountable for developing and producing regular risk reports for Executive Risk Committee and Board Risk Committee, containing relevant content to ensure management have enough information to inform effective risk decision making and that the organisation is clear on its risk exposures. Content includes, but is not limited to, top risk registers, organisation risk profiles, organisation wide control performance status, risk events, risk acceptance, incident and issues and actions management.
- Responsible for governing and producing regular risk monitoring MI such as KRIs, KCIs, and control dashboards to ensure stakeholders and senior management have enough visibility and awareness of areas of strength and weakness and can make informed management decisions as required against agree Risk appetites and tolerances.
- Responsible for oversighting activities in Finance, including Treasury and Regulatory Reporting processes
- Accountable for managing the Risk Champion network, ensuring champions have the training and support required to effectively fulfil their responsibilities in the first line of defence
- Support the Head of Enterprise Risk and Chief Finance Officer in developing the organisation’s ICAAP
- Responsible for supporting the delivery and embedding of a strong risk culture across the organisation, including developing and presenting training material on all constituents of the Enterprise Risk Management Framework
- Provide expertise and support to the Risk Consultants to enable effective delivery and oversight of RCSAs, ensuring all material risks are identified, understood, documented in the risk system and subject to regular review
- Provide expertise and support to the Risk Consultants to enable effective execution of a key control assurance programme with the first line of defence, with regular monitoring and oversight, to determine the effectiveness of business control design and performance, identifying areas of strength and weakness
- Provide expertise and support to the Risk Consultants to enable effective delivery of oversight and challenge of business continuity plans to ensure that all critical processes that support the delivery of key products and services are identified and recovered in the event of a business disruption
- Represent the Enterprise Risk function in relevant forums, meetings and working groups as a subject matter expert to identify, review and assess risks that may impact the business
- Develop and nurture relationships with key stakeholders across all levels of management across the organisation, always being an advocate for the Enterprise Risk Framework
- Deputise for the Head of Enterprise Risk at appropriate meetings
Knowledge, Skills, Experience Required;
- At least 5 years’ experience of working within a financial service regulated firm, preferably within a risk, audit or compliance function
- Maintains up to date knowledge and understanding of both internal and external development in risk including on BASEL guidance and on developing regulatory requirements and industry best practices
- Experience of having a worked with the ICAAP process
- Confidence to constructively challenge existing processes and controls with colleagues at all levels within the business
- Excellent ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Excellent ability to work on own initiative within their remit and empowerment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Salary is commensurate with experience but will reflect the significance of the role.