Up to £60,000
4 months ago
An established and successful retail business with a family of well-known brands working from headquarters in central Manchester. Now looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join the Financial Services team and support further business growth.
This company is unable to provide sponsorship
Key Responsibilities of the Data Scientist:
- Support and manage all modelling, including developing predictive models, ongoing maintenance, identifying opportunities of improvement, etc.
- Provide analytical support to enhance decision making and enable profitable growth
- Act as the subject matter expert, sharing knowledge of modelling, segmentation and forecasting, data preparation, investigating and solving complex problems, championing data quality, etc.
- Develop an understanding of the portfolio and potential impacts of strategy changes on business profitability
Ideal knowledge and experience for the Data Scientist job:
- Strong background both professionally and academically within statistics / mathematics / data / data science
- Must have experience in a financial services environment
- Experience of complex data analysis
- Good technical skills with SQL are essential, knowledge of R, Python, etc. would be beneficial
- Strong understanding and experience in statistical and financial modelling - knowledge of techniques such as logistical regression, cluster analysis and propensity modelling
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities, a logical and curious mind
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.