Senior Housing Complaints Officer
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm
Numerous Office hubs are located around the UK
Salary: £35098 - £36853
Stage 2 Senior Complaints Handler
A fantastic opportunity for a Stage 2 Housing Complaints Officer to lead and coordinate the Group's response to Stage 2, complex or high-risk complaints, and act as a source of legal, regulatory and procedural expertise in complaint management. As a Senior Customer Relations Officer you will actively support high standards and performance across the Customer Relations Team by supporting and advising colleagues.
- Deliver a high quality and consistent complaint resolution service focussing on Stage 2, complex, and high profile complaints and Regulator enquiries. This includes gathering relevant information, formulating responses and ensuring all elements of the complaint are responded to in order to support any Housing Ombudsman investigations
- Lead on Alternative Dispute Resolution cases where appropriate to undertake effective mediation and agreement of mutually acceptable outcomes to prevent avoidable legal action against the Group.
- Ensure the timely resolution of all complaints, by undertaking thorough investigations and supporting colleagues in their investigations, effectively recording and communicating progress/outcomes to all parties and ensuring that customers and their representatives are kept fully informed of progress at all stages.
- Support less experienced members of staff, and managers from across the Group, in resolving complaints and incidents. This includes providing advice, guidance and mentoring where appropriate. Guidance will focus on providing support and advice on complaint handling options, legal, regulatory and procedural requirements, Ombudsman expectations and advising on compensation calculations and payments or goodwill gestures
- Act as a link between Customer Relations, Operations, Insurance, Legal, Finance and other Corporate teams ensuring complaints responses effectively manage risk to the Group.
- Identify and communicate improvement opportunities and consistent service failures occuring across the business, including recommending and recording service improvements based on lessons learned to support continued improvements, and contributing to detailed case reviews as appropriate
- Effectively collate case notes, correspondence and documentation for review and audit by relevant internal and external bodies including the Ombudsman Services and relevant regulatory bodies.
- Proven experience in managing administration processes relating to customer complaints
- Proven experience of working to deadlines and prioritising work loads
- Experience in completing detailed and complex investigations
- Proven experience analysing and diagnosing complex problems and implementing effective solutions
- Proven experience of delivering high quality customer services
- Working knowledge of relevant regulations, legislation and good practice Experience in providing mentoring, coaching and advice to colleague
- Excellent analytical skills with proven ability to make sound, common sense judgements
- Ability to complete complex investigations to source and crystalise core details from a wide range of data and information sources
- Strong problem solving to achieve practical solutions to challenging problems
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Good negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to extract and interrogate computerised information and documentation
- Ability to provide constructive feedback to colleagues to support continuous improvement and staff developmen