Up to £58,000
8 months ago
MERJE is looking for an experienced Credit Underwriting professional to assess / approve lending applications across Commercial Real Estate for an established, modern Financial Services business.
You will be joining a forward thinking, award-winning specialist FS company that puts customer and employee satisfaction at the heart of its ethos.
On offer is a salary of up to £58,000 + benefits, as well as fantastic development and progression opportunities, and an excellent working environment where you will feel valued and excited. The office is very close to local transport links making it easy to access from in and around Manchester.
This company is unable to provide sponsorship
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Credit Manager / Underwriter:
- Sanctioning of new business transactions within Commercial Real Estate business
- Ensuring that business written is in line with credit risk appetite, lending policy and in accordance with delegated authority
- Identify conduct risks and operational risks and ensure these are eliminated or mitigated appropriately
- Structure and discuss high value transactions, acting as a trusted advisor where needed
- Support the delivery of mentoring / training / guidance to staff to lead to more informed lending decisions
- Contribute to the ongoing development of lending policy, credit risk controls and loss management
Ideal knowledge and experience for the Senior Credit Manager / Underwriter role:
- In depth knowledge of property transaction essential with an understanding of whole life cycle risk management
- Recent understanding and experience of trading businesses desirable
- Have held an individual lending mandate of £800k
- Evidence of delivering continuous improvement within a Credit Risk environment
- Able to develop successful teams
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.