over 1 year ago
What are you looking for in your next role?
- Do you value making a difference every day?
- Would you like to work in an environment where there is no red tape and developments happen quickly?
- Are you interested in leading projects from day one?
- Would you like the opportunity to mentor less experienced colleagues?
- Are you looking for a role with the potential for rapid progression?
- Would you flourish in a non-corporate environment with lots of autonomy?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions we have a unique opportunity for experienced Credit Risk Modelling Analyst to join a newly established team in a Senior capacity where all of this is possible!
We are recruiting for a Senior Credit Risk Modelling Analyst working within our Clients Credit Risk team. Their team manages credit risk and pricing for personal loans and motor finance product suite. The role involves developing credit risk models, taking the lead on risk analytics, providing insight into all aspects of performance across the whole portfolio, and producing proposals for enhancing their risk management and strategies. Our successful candidate will be able to quickly fit into a fast-moving, innovative and high-profile environment, and will be required to hit the ground running; at least two years prior experience in a credit risk function is therefore essential.
Salary and additional benefits:
Our client offers a market leading package that not only offers a competitive salary but also:
- Share save scheme
- Season ticket loans
- Local retailer discounts and much, much more!
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Developing and validating credit risk models for use across the product life cycle (including acquisition and behavioural scorecards, and PD, LGD and EAD models)
- Reporting and monitoring the effectiveness of our front-end customer decisioning, across a range of channels and products
- Designing, developing and deploying effective and efficient customer decision strategies, producing actionable proposals and implementation plans
- Monitoring the risk/reward profile of the portfolio, analysing and proposing changes to acquisition strategies and customer affordability assessments, as appropriate
- Assessing new data sources, tools and techniques to ensure the quality of credit decisioning is maintained in a fast-changing external environment
- Providing a wide range of analytical work to meet the Risk & Pricing team objectives, and support a range of ad-hoc projects and deliverables
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least two years’ analytical experience within a credit risk function is essential
- Completed at least 1 full Model build – front to back end, this could be within pricing or fraud for example.
- Strong statistical modelling experience – guiding or supporting developments
- Experience of extracting, manipulating and analysing data using SAS/SQL (or similar data tools such as R and Python)
- Demonstrable numerate background, preferably with a degree in a numerical subject
- Proficient with Excel, Word and PowerPoint to produce clear documents and analysis, presenting complex information effectively
- A broad understanding of the full responsibilities of a credit risk function, from acquisition through customer management to collections/recoveries, and/or capital and impairment requirements
- Strong planning and organisation skills with the ability to manage your own workload, prioritise workloads, and support wider projects
- Good written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail, including writing scorecard documentation, full noting papers and change proposals
Experience of working with the following would be an advantage, but not essential:
- Motor finance or other secured lending products
- Price comparison websites
- Open banking/PSD2
- Machine learning
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.