£60,000 - £70,000
8 months ago
As a Senior Credit Risk Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day management of a small team of analysts, you will monitor and influence portfolio performance, develop new credit risk strategies and collaborate with key stakeholders across the business on all areas of the credit lifecycle. The role will also involve assisting the Board of Directors with a diverse range of strategic decisions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and mentor a new credit risk team;
- Lead analyses in multiple areas of the business including new business, marketing, finance and collections;
- Produce MI and analysis that highlight emerging trends in the portfolio for discussion with the wider business;
- Review and analyse existing business strategies, as well as recommend and implement new strategies as appropriate;
- Work on and improve the existing risk strategies to deliver better customer outcomes and improvement to the impairment position of the Company;
- Develop economic and portfolio forecasts for portfolio management, budgeting, and planning
- Monitor the portfolio by analysing KPI’s to ensure appropriate risk appetite, lending policy and the right profitability growth;
- Produce analysis to support marketing strategies and channel performance;
- Comply with policies, procedures and the regulator;
- Liasing with key stakeholders across the business to ensure the successful delivery of analytical projects;
- Liasing with external agencies;
- Support ad-hoc analysis requirements from the business.
- Partner with the finance team to refine the company’s approach to price and risk
- Strong analytical ability and quantitative/statistics skills (degree in a numerate/analytical subject);
- Ability to use SQL or SAS or WPS or SPSS
- Ability to use MS Office package;
- Ability to interpret data, identify and deliver priority actions; evaluate impacts and risks of changes.
- Clear, effective written and oral communication skills across all levels in the business.
- Positive attitude and ability to be flexible and willingness to learn.
- Ability to think strategically and apply both quantitative methods and business insights to drive results
- Seasoned credit risk professional with experience in credit risk management, credit decision systems and scorecards
- Thought leadership and solution-oriented mindset
- A leader, that enjoys a hands-on approach
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.