C £45,000 pa
over 1 year ago
Merje are partnered with one of the fastest growing fintechs in Europe (Deloitte Fast 50; FT 1000 list). They have secured significant funding to fuel even more expansion and they were also the winners of the £10m Banking Competition Remedies grant to build new products that give small businesses access to the funds they need, when and where they need it.
We are looking for smart, humble, motivated people with a growth mindset to join their Credit Analysts, helping them make even better lending decisions whilst supporting the business through this rapid growth period. It would be strongly preferred if you have experience managing a team.
Your new role:
- To conduct independent analysis of credit applications - using our cutting-edge tech platform, you will be analysing data from financial accounts, bank statements, credit reference agencies and other sources to arrive at fast, fair, and accurate decisions.
- To perform thorough due diligence to ensure affordability of credit in line with internal policy.
- To improve the decision making framework, models and processes alongside our Tech, Analytics and Product teams.
- To communicate effectively with our customer facing teams to ensure a fast and slick service.
- Be responsible for training, coaching and monitoring the performance of more junior members of the team.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Experience in commercial loan underwriting, credit sanctioning or credit analysis, preferably within the SME sector or alternative lending.
- Strong business acumen and a working understanding of what makes a good business good, so you can quickly identify the key drivers behind an application.
- Experience managing a team or the interest to do so in the future
- A good understanding of how businesses operate, including their main risk and revenue drivers.
- The ability to interpret financial statements and an understanding of the key risk drivers specific to SMEs.
- An analytical mindset with a practical approach to problem solving.
- A confident and enthusiastic attitude that works well in a regularly changing and fast paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills. You will have direct telephone contact with loan applicants to extract additional information so need a friendly telephone manner.
- The ability to come up with innovative and scalable solutions to day-to-day problems and suggest changes to processes to improve our efficiency.
Bright, modern office spaces in Tottenham Court Road and Covent Garden
Competitive salaries which we regularly benchmark to ensure we pay everyone fairly
Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments and yoga
An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
A paid volunteering day each year, for you to support your chosen charity
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- Stock options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.