£40,000 - £45,000 pa
5 months ago
The Senior Credit Risk Analyst, Collections will play a leading role in developing, monitoring and optimising pre- and post-termination collections strategies, through their own analytics and modelling, with the objective of mitigating impairment, improving financial returns and delivering customer outcomes.
Key responsibilities include:
• Leverage data and analytics to influence decision making and strategic direction of end-to-end collections strategies (pre- and post-termination, including treatments to prepare for debt sale).
• Design, develop and monitor the effectiveness of collections strategies and treatments
• Work with business colleagues to gain support for recommendations using accurate insight and analysis
• Ensure delivery of all new initiatives into an operational environment in a safe and controlled manner.
• Optimise customer contact rates and outcomes through effective risk segmentation and dialler prioritisation.
• Produce effective analysis of key trends in arrears and default performance, with material variances identified and reported, and escalation to senior management and Credit Committee where appropriate.
• Make recommendations to remediate negative movements in arrears performance, working with Customer Operations to turn these into actionable strategies
• Build and maintain a robust test and design framework, delivering clear and measurable assessments of new collections strategy tests, initiatives and champion challenges.
• Ensure good knowledge and understanding of prevailing regulation and legislation appropriate to role.
• Contribute to strategic collections discussion and direction at Collections Committee and weekly operations meeting ensuring team delivery against expectations.
• Proactively manage control environment by contributing to self-assessment of all team activities
• Call out emerging economic risks and offer recommendations.
- 3+ years’ experience within Collections Strategies / Credit Risk
- Strong analytical experience with a range of data mining tools and large volumes of data
- Excellent technical knowledge of SAS and/or SQL
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Strong customer understanding and empathy
- Proven ability to influence decision making through analysis and insight
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exposure to working with and presenting to senior managers
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Legal and regulatory understanding of collections within consumer finance industry
Please note, should you not receive feedback 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.