up to £60,000
3 months ago
Job Description- The job holder will play a key role within the UK Branch, taking a forward-looking, proactive and value focused perspective of credit risk to help grow the UK consumer lending business. Working closely with the UK business lines, UK risk, channels, the CRM function and with the common credit risk organisation the focus of this role is developing and maintaining a deep understanding of the UK lending portfolios and identifying and delivering opportunities to optimise the financial performance of those portfolios throughout their lifetimes whilst achieving good customer outcomes.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Credit Risk Manager-
- Working with the Credit Risk Appetite Framework and with the business line leaders, Business Control and Credit Risk’s second Line of Defence to assist in the development and on-going monitoring and analysis of credit risk appetite and the approach to credit risk required to maximise financial performance whilst remaining within that risk appetite.
- Work closely with Business Control to ensure Credit Risk approaches are aligned with any profitability analysis to maximise profitability.
- Undertake analysis and order, review, challenge and interrogate credit decisioning data and analysis produced by Credit Risk’s second Line of Defence team in order to identify and pursue financial, commercial or regulatory opportunities.
- Where appropriate complete analysis to interrogate credit decisioning data and analysis in order to identify financial, commercial or regulatory improvements.
- Tracking, monitoring and analysis of credit and risk strategies relating to existing customer behaviour.
- Receive, review, challenge and approve the UK Branch credit risk and financial performance monitored through the following reporting which is produced by the Credit Risk’s second Line of Defence:
o Credit Risk Appetite monitoring, including early warning or limit indicators
o Portfolio Quality Report
o 1-month, 6-month acquisition reviews for new retailers, highlighting the credit risk within the portfolio and any opportunities
o Annual portfolio reviews, including cut off analysis and other opportunities to drive portfolio performance
o Scorecard monitoring highlighting the effectiveness of the scoring decisioning at both point of application and throughout the lifetime of the credit facility.
Ideal knowledge and experience of the Senior Credit Risk Manager-
- Degree level qualification in business studies / analysis / mathematics / statistics / economics or equivalent
- Investigative quantitative and qualitative research and analysis leading to recommendations
- Experience of report writing and producing recommendations
- Experience of presenting detailed analysis to both technical and non-technical audiences showing the ability to adapt style and content accordingly
- Design and production of MI
- Interpretation of MI produced and generation of recommendations
- Credit risk analysis covering MI and portfolio management within a retail bank and / or credit card and / or store card environment
- Understanding of loss provisions models
- Understanding of bad debt forecasting principles, techniques and models
- Experience of acquisition and / or customer management strategy build and operational implementation
- Development of scorecard monitoring and strategy performance MI and metrics
- Interpretation and use of credit bureau data within decision systems, set up or maintenance of bureau links
- Database management
- Good communicator, presentation skills – written and verbal
- PC literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, E mail, PowerPoint)
- Numerate and competency in analysis, methodologies and techniques including the use of linear and logistic regression, CHAID, monitoring and statistical techniques (Kolmogorov-Smirnoff, Gini, etc)