Up to £48,000 pa
3 months ago
This role will work as part of a team of analysts to develop strategy, MI and analytics to support portfolio & asset management, collections, recoveries, loss forecasting, capital management, loss management and provisioning.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the Senior Credit Analyst-
- Monitor credit risk performance against agreed plans, targets and budgets and work with the Senior Credit Manager to propose and agree actions required to address any performance issues and/or to capitalise on opportunities
- Support Central Modeling team in the build, validation, implementation, monitoring and stress testing of AIRB models
- Actively participate in technical design committees or similar that drive AIRB and IFRS9 decisions
- Develop and provide high quality credit risk related MI and insight to Credit management and other major stakeholders to support strategy and informed decision making
- Effectively summarise and communicate findings using appropriate written and graphical techniques in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ensure compliance with prudent Collections & Recoveries standards and assist Operations and Finance to ensure that Bad Debt is managed appropriately and all processes comply with the regulatory guidance.
- Continue to improve Stress Testing and Loss Forecasting approaches and Bad Debt Budget setting
- Maintain relevant Credit Policies to ensure the delivery of business objectives and alignment with Bank Credit Policy
Ideal knowledge and experience of the Senior Credit Analyst:
- Previous Credit Risk experience including exposure to Basel, IRB & IFRS9, preferably in a retail environment
- Experience of Business Objects/SAS/Alteryx and/or other similar data analytical tools
- Strong analytical mindset to be able to understand and investigate complex issues in a methodical manner
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, and also experience of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact and communicate complex information to management and non-credit colleagues
- Ability to work effectively within a team, sharing best practices and fostering a positive team spirit
- Knowledge of data mining techniques to extract, manipulate and interpret large data sets
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude