10 months ago
Job Title: Senior Credit Analyst – Secured Lending
Merje are partnered with a fast growing FinTech based in the heart of London, and it’s an exciting time to join their team! They can offer a supportive, driven culture and a great team with a good mix of talent and experience. A dynamic environment in which you can personally learn and develop and the opportunity to have strong involvement in shaping a young FinTech from its early days. If that wasn’t enough they also have a super cool office in the heart of London with team drinks, lunches and free snacks!
If you are a passionate professional who has what it takes to flourish in a fast paced, evolving environment then we would love to hear from you.
Your new role:
You’ll be right in the heart of the action. We’re looking for a driven, detail oriented person that will ensure our client can meet their ambitious growth plans.
Day to day you will be loan processing, and you will have the following responsibilities
- Ensure efficient, world-class processing of the credit underwriting of loan cases
- Analyse and verify income sources, bank statements and credit commitments
- Work with an ambitious Growth team and customers directly to ensure that cases are underwritten based on full information
- Structure, negotiate and analyse proposals for approval under own authority.
- Process complex, non-standard cases
- Refine underwriting practises
- Contribute to best practices for underwriting
- Work with the Product team to improve and automate underwriting processes
- Suggest new features to be added to the loan underwriting models
• Produce analysis and associated reports on credit analysis topics such as portfolio analytics, customer segmentation and pricing.
• Build dashboards and KPI’s to set a departmental standard
• Support scorecard development and associated analytics
• Support risk modelling and associated analytics
• Work with CRO / CEO / CFO to support the development of the Risk appetite giving associate level insights
• Work with and build relationships with the credit bureau to support analysis
• Act as an advocate for the Credit & Risk function as the business grows.
Our Ideal candidate will have the following:
• Mortgage/business underwriting experience (3+ years)
• Experienced in communicating with brokers and/or consumers
• (Ideally) CeMAP certified
• Experience of coaching and developing a team
• Start-up experience or capability to work in fast-paced environment
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities