£55,000 - £65,000
about 1 year ago
Overview & Purpose
Supporting and acting as deputy for the Head of Compliance, the purpose of the role is to monitor and assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the policies and procedures put in place to ensure compliance with the firm’s regulatory obligations by carrying out the Compliance Monitoring Plan. The position can be located in either central Leeds, or central Manchester.
- Responsible for developing and delivering the Compliance Monitoring Plan (CMP).
- Leading the review of core business controls and processes as part of the CMP, ensuring that regulatory and business standards, policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Responsible for ensuring that all CMP working papers are maintained to a high standard.
- Responsible for production of high quality reports, which summarise output of CMP activity for consumption by key stakeholders, escalating exceptions identified in line with procedures
- Engage proactively and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders to influence timely and effective completion of remedial actions in response to findings, ensuring that a good-quality audit trail is maintained.
- Attending necessary training sessions and seminars in order to be updated on legal and regulatory compliance developments.
- Keeping abreast with changes in products/activities of the firm and/or regulations that may have impact on risks to the firm.
- Responsible for identifying, investigating and reporting on breaches and incidents, ensuring that these are logged promptly and accurately.
- Responsible for developing and producing regular Compliance reports for Executive Risk Committee and Board Risk Committee, containing relevant, timely and informative updates.
- Lead on the delivery and embedding of a strong Compliance culture across the organisation.
- Provide expertise and support to the Compliance Managers and Analysts to enable effective oversight and challenge.
- Represent the Compliance function in relevant forums, meetings and working groups as a subject matter expert to identify, review and assess regulatory issues that may impact the business.
- Deputise for the Head of Compliance at appropriate meetings.
- Experience of working within a financial services regulated firm, preferably within a risk, audit or compliance function
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of both internal and external development in the area of Compliance including on developing regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Experience of developing and delivering Compliance advisory services.
- Confidence to constructively challenge existing processes and controls with colleagues at all levels within the business
- Excellent ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organised with strong administrative skills and attention to detail