to £78,000 + Car allowance + Bonus + Benefits
9 months ago
Launched less than a year ago my client is moving into an exciting phase of its development, building on the existing platform and benefitting from the support of a well-established and high growth group. The team operates with a “start-up” mentality, thriving on innovation and creativity and benefitting from an agile, flexible approach to product development which allows them to test new ideas and rapidly roll these out to the benefit of the business.
As the business develops and grows they are looking to bring in an experienced compliance professional, who will report into the Finance Director and play a key role in developing and managing the firms regulatory and conduct risk compliance obligations. This includes a key focus on FCA regulated activities.
This is a brand new and very exciting opportunity for an individual with drive determination and approachability to make a real difference in a business with significant growth ambitions. The successful candidate will work closely with commercial and product teams to strike an appropriate balance between regulatory requirements and commercial needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Implementing and improving the company’s risk management & compliance framework.
- Working closely with the firms FCA advisors to ensure that policies, procedures and the controls framework are appropriate to the regulatory and conduct risk environment.
- Developing solutions which are suitable to an evolving business.
- Ensuring, through delivery of training and ongoing review, that internal guidance is applied properly and consistently across the business.
- Monitoring compliance with and effectiveness off all policies and procedures.
- Providing support and guidance to management on the regulatory & compliance implications of new business opportunities, and supporting them to achieve desired outcomes.
- Providing technical advice and guidance to directors, senior management and stakeholders in all business areas, including in respect of FCA requirements.
- Management of the Company’s Risk Register. This includes “real-time” and formal quarterly updates, working with key stakeholders across the business to ensure that the register remains up to date.
- Providing regular reporting to Senior Management and the board.
The above is not an exhaustive list, but identifies the key areas which the successful candidate will be responsible for.
- Demonstrated delivery / ownership of high quality risk management & compliance frameworks including designing, implementing, monitoring & improving environments which evolve as a business grows
- Experience of working in a senior compliance role in an FCA regulated environment, with knowledge of requirements relating to consumer credit & insurance mediation activity
- Ability to analyse business needs and regulatory requirements, and translate into operational processes and procedures which ensure compliance but also drive desired outcomes for colleagues and customers
- Passion for finding solutions to enhance performance
- Well-organised with excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Articulate, persuasive, confident, possessing sound intellect; a self-starter with the ability to combine professional rigour with practical business requirements
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills; a good influencer with an ability to build and maintain strong relationships at all levels.
- Comfortable and confident working independently, using external advisors as appropriate
With the team split equally across Surrey and Manchester, the client is flexible around location as the role will involve regular meetings at different sites. It is likely to involve a mixture of home and office based working and a requirement to travel extensively as part of this arrangement so the successful candidate must be open to this.
Salary range is broad and will be entirely commensurate with experience. Benefits will include a Discretionary Bonus, Car allowance or company car.