c.£42,000 + Bonus + Benefits
10 months ago
Our client is a well-known Financial Services business who are looking to recruit a Senior Compliance Analyst who will work with the business to ensure the firms operations adhere to legislative and regulatory requirements through proactive oversight.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Operations team to ensure the effectiveness of oversight arrangements in compliance with SYSC8 and other industry best practice.
- Work with the firm’s external partners to ensure their business processes support regulatory requirements (for example in respect of compliance with DISP, GDPR).
- Define the scope and scheduling of quality assurance work to maintain compliance with regulatory expectations.
- Ensure robust Root Cause Analysis (RCA) is undertaken in light of customer feedback, complaints and any other identified issues.
- Working with the Compliance team, develop and embed the First Line of Defence (FLOD) / Second Line of Defence (SLOD) framework.
- Provide MI to support fortnightly governance meetings between the FLOD and SLOD teams, and generally provide input into MI on regulatory compliance matters for which the Operations team is responsible.
- Keep abreast of all prevailing and pending regulatory requirements and provide regulatory advice to the Operations team.
- Act as a subject matter expert representing the team on regulatory driven projects.
- Act as a point of contact with the SLOD for communications involving regulatory related matters.
- Experience within Financial Services
- Third party supplier/ outsource servicing relationship management
- Quality Assurance experience
- Be able to challenge at all levels
- First and second line experience
- Recent exposure to SMCR is desirable but not essential