Senior Complaints Handler
Monday to Friday 9:00am- 5:00pm
£32,000 - £34,000 DOE plus benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Customer Relations Case Specialist to join a forward-thinking innovative team in a growing business based in Chatham.
The key purpose of this role is to understand, thoroughly investigate and manage all complaints received from our customers, with key focus on owning complaints that are of significant complex, significant vulnerability & Executive escalated across the formal response stage and resolving in line with FCA DISP timelines. Ensure that all complaints are handled in accordance with the Bank's Internal Complaints Handling Policy and Procedures, in line with Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) and FCA regulation considerations.
- Handling of all complaints received across all product lines within the formal response stage of the complaint handling process, with responsibility of owning those complaints of a more complex or vulnerable nature, and supporting the Executive Case Specialist where and when needed.
- Complete the initial acknowledgement of a complaint promptly, systematically and fairly and within set time limits.
- Take ownership for managing and resolving all allocated customer queries within agreed authority, ensuring that you have carried out a thorough investigation of the cause of individual complaints by gathering information from relevant departments and reviewing the relevant documentation.
- Make recommendations for fair, impartial decisions on whether to uphold a complaint in line with policies and set mandate and calculate redress and compensation in line with regulatory and FOS guidelines.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times, ensuring that continuous contact with the Customer to provide updates throughout the investigation, making use of all forms of communication method i.e. calls, letters and emails.
- Support Team Leader and Team Manager to identify actions to address the cause of complaints and share these with the Root Cause Function.
- Following an investigation, provide the department with a critical analysis of their current processes and documentation with a view to reducing future complaints. Where necessary, proactively challenge or provide reasoning to decisions with key stakeholders.
- Ensure that the quality of the investigation notes and communication with the Customer is to a high standard and meets the quality assessment standards outlined by the Quality Assurance team.
- Provide Executive level oversight with all complaints addressed to Group CEO, or any other members of the executive team.
- Take responsibility for handling Customer Complaint mailbox activity on a rota basis.
- Support in collation of, and production of reports and summaries of patterns and trends, and offer recommendations to managers to reduce and prevent complaints
- Support the Senior Executive Case Specialist (Tier 2) and Team Leader in the preparation of case submissions and Business Response forms to the Financial Ombudsman Service for management review and sign off.
- Provide on the job training to new staff members.
- Assist in the annual review and maintenance of the functions policy and procedures where applicable and as requested by Customer Relations Management
- Act as a role model in the Customer Relations team, openly demonstrating consistent levels of behaviour in line with company Values and Behaviours and supporting the Customer Relations Team Leader and Team Manager in embedding these in other team members.
- Deputise for the Customer Relations Team Leader where necessary.
- Complaints handling experience working in a regulated financial services environment is essential
- Experience working in a Financial Services environment within a customer facing role is essential
- Experience of investigating complaints in line with FCA regulations is essential
- Experience of working with vulnerable customers is essential
- Experience in managing senior management relationships and expectations is essential
- Experience in Secured loans and second charge lending environment;
Essential Skill & Competency:
- Excellent skills in respect of verbal & written communication, listening and empathy.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong skills in respect of time management and prioritisation.
- Good skills in respect of investigating and analysing.
- Ability to manage a busy complaints case load and take ownership.
- Strong IT skills - Microsoft Word/Excel/Internet.
- Ability to challenge or provide reasoning to decisions with key stakeholders.
- Work as part of a team with a positive and proactive attitude to change.
The role is office based whilst training is being completed, with an opportunity to work under the client's hybrid model.
Full time, permanent - 35hours between 9am-5pm (no weekends)
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks- Employment references, ID, DBS, Credit check
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.