Senior Commercial Property Claims Handler
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Permanent - Fulltime
Location: Gloucester (Hybrid)
The Senior Commercial Claims Handler is responsible for the validation, investigation, negotiation and fulfilment of Commercial claims. They will proactively resolve outstanding investigations in order to choose the optimum settlement route, optimising revenue generation and/or cost control opportunities. These functions have end-to-end ownership and accountability for a claim.
Property Claims Handler Responsibilities:
- Triage of new technical and/or large claims including Property, Subsidence, Environmental, Liability Claims; Injury and Motor.
- End-to-end claims handling of retained technical claims.
- Identify and manage potential fraudulent claims.
- Investigate/negotiate indemnity and liability and identify potential recovery opportunities.
- Handle litigated cases requiring legal intervention, utilising in-house and panel lawyers.
- Identify own and manage risk(s) involved in running our business appropriate to my role, in line with the risk framework.
- Robust control of indemnity spend and reserving, through effective negotiation.
- Manage Customer and Third-Party expectations throughout the lifecycle of the claim.
- Maximise revenue generation/cost control/recovery opportunities to negotiate the optimum claim settlement.
- Adhere to regulatory timescales and guidelines.
- Technical mentor/referral point to enhance capability development.
- Keeping the customer experience at the heart of everything we do, ensuring adherence at all times to the principles of TCF.
- Successful achievement of all business targets as set out within departmental measures.
- Remain within the agreed risk and regulatory constraints ensuring awareness of policy and procedure
- Develop self; ensuring professional/technical knowledge is up-to-date and identifying opportunities to learn new skills that will enhance capability.
- To contribute to Continuous Improvement for your team, department and customers.
- Adherence to Non-Reportable Complaint process, minimising risk of becoming Reportable.
- End-to-end handling of own caseload of technical and large claims up-to a value of £100,000.00.
- Supporting technical development of colleagues within the department.
- Undertaking monthly internal audits/reviews for compliance and departmental development.
What we're looking for:
- Previous claims handling experience within Commercial is necessary, including initiation, investigation, negotiation and settlement, and claims quantum and assessment.
- Knowledge of Fraud and Investigation
- Aware of Insurance Principles and Practice
- Excellent stakeholder management and engagement skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and agreed service level agreements.
- Experience mentoring others.