Our clients are one of the leading independent wealth managers in the UK. They are looking for a Senior CDD Manager to manage the London and Blackpool CDD teams and provide the principal point of contact for the Front Office and Compliance team in all CDD matters. You will also provide MI and other reporting to such committees and Management Groups related to CDD and Financial Crime.
● Oversight of new accounts to assess the AML risk factors associated with the relationship and to ensure that the necessary CDD and EDD documents are obtained.
● Oversight of CDD and EDD documentation to ensure that all regulatory requirements are met whilst taking a risk-based approach to ensure effective management of processes.
● Review of high-risk accounts and ongoing assessment of CDD/EDD to ensure appropriateness of content at all times.
● Oversee electronic verification searches on individuals and companies to identify possible PEPs, and any other red flags as required.
● Refer to the MLRO any non-compliance with the CDD requirements and agree appropriate action.
● Assist with the review of third-party payments including making requests for CDD documentation, and rejecting, approving or escalating as necessary.
● Refer accounts for Compliance/Senior Management - approval in accordance with policy
● Oversight of the initial and continuous screening of all clients and persons connected to accounts.
● Provide statistical data for management reporting
● Contribute to the periodic review pf relevant departmental policies and procedures as required
● Contribute to ad hoc projects relating to CDD/EDD
● Receive information from the DMLRO regarding regulatory changes and apply such changes to working practices.
● Ensure that new members of the team are trained to follow the CDD procedures and to maintain high standards.
Skills and Experience:
• Good knowledge of FCA rules relating to AML and JMLSG; required to have professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills and minimum 3 years’ experience in similar role.
• Understands how systems and processes support the CDD requirements of the Wealth Management Business.
• Good degree of regulatory awareness is required for the role
• Demonstrates the required level of technical proficiency to fulfil the requirements of the role; proactively seeks to keep knowledge up to date; shares knowledge with others in the team; challenges current processes constructively and suggests improvements.
• Upholds and promotes high ethical and compliance standards including integrity, honesty, and fair dealing. Upholds and promotes the good reputation of the business and complies with the firm’s policies and procedures as well as applicable FCA rules