Circa £60k plus Benefits
6 months ago
Our client, one of the UK’s oldest and well-respected leisure organisations, require a Senior Operational Audit Manager. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you lead and manage a team of Data Managers / Analysts and regional Operational Auditors to identify high risk areas through analytical review of data and targeting / testing controls at sites to minimise the possibility of fraud and loss
Key Responsibilities include:
- Prepare a strategy to incorporate an analytical review of data to assist the Operational Audit teams in identifying high risk areas and contributing to a ‘smarter’ investigation and targeting of testing controls at sites.
- Advise operational audit teams to identify where anomalies and trends may highlight needed audit focus.
- Develop a training plan based on audit results to provide the necessary support to the Operation.
- Assist auditors in obtaining necessary data for audits and provide additional support where necessary.
- Manage Key Control Self-Assessment site reporting. Compare data analytics results to KCSA reporting and identify and report inconsistencies.
- Lead, provide guidance and coaching to the Data Analytics team, the Operational Audit team and the Operational Auditor
Essential skills include:
- Qualified accountant with 1-2 years PQE
- Deep understanding of the core principles of end to end financial processes
- A broad understanding of business processes, evaluating risks and designing and implementing controls
- Ability to gather, analyse and evaluate facts to prepare and present concise oral and written reports
- Rounded technical skills - expertise across a range of accounting and financial areas
- Analytical skills – ability to identify core issues and provide assessments grounded in logic
- Broad commercial experience, understanding end to end business processes
- Driving process change / improvements
Knowledge of ERP systems / Experience accessing and analysing data in environments such as SAS, SQL, Oracle, etc and exposure to FTSE 250+ or a multisite organisation is desirable.