MERJE are partnered with a Manchester based Financial services business that focus on credit and asset management. They have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager to join the Asset Performance team. The purpose of the role is to develop and manage accurate, consistent, timely performance reporting and forecasting to provide AMS management with full visibility of the performance of debt under management and ensure commercial performance objectives are met.
This is a permanent role and will be based at our Manchester offices with some home working. Due to the current Pandemic this will be initially home based only.
What will you be doing?
- Support/delegate for Head of Asset management in providing an impartial view of portfolio performance for the fund and clients
- Work closely with stakeholders across the business to ensure that all necessary information sources are understood, analysed and consolidated to provide meaningful insight on portfolio performance and that variances to forecast are understood
- Assess the performance for potential of new portfolios
- Develop Business Plans – develop baseline expected performance and working with Portfolio and Business Optimisation set out key initiatives to drive incremental performance improvements (internal and AMS) of ERC forecasts
- Design and control activity tracking for tests and champion / challenger strategies. Providing a single lens of performance across the business
- Provide appropriate challenge and assessment the information and assumptions provided to develop forecasts to continue to refine and improve forecasting accuracy over time
- To support the Asset Performance function’s objective to act as the single point of contact for clients to understand performance and opportunities (supported by Portfolio Strategy and Business Optimisation)
- Act as delegate for the Head of Asset Performance.
Do you have?
- Strong Financial and Performance management experience in complex, portfolio managed financial services or similar environments with a focus on performance management
- Extensive experience of using analytical software to analyse and present complex data ( SQL essential, R desired.
- Pricing, profitability, customer segmentation and financial modelling experience
- Experience working in dynamic and complex work environments
- Knowledge of credit and underwiring processes, credit bureau and credit related data sources and how they are applied in a consumer debt context
- Experience in Debt Management is preferred but not essential
- Curiosity and critical thinking skills
- Structured and organised
- Strong written and presentational skills
- Experience working with stakeholder groups to explain, challenge and defend performance.
Pay & Benefits:
You will receive a highly competitive salary and attractive benefits package and our client pride themselves on rewarding success with an excellent bonus scheme and incentive package. They also have very interactive subsidised events, colleague engagement teams, employee recognition and development programs and the opportunity to work across multiple European countries.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.