about 2 years ago
MERJE are proud to be supporting a recognisable Financial Services company in the search for a Senior ALM Oversight Manager. The position will be located in the firms head office, which is easily commutable from locations to include Birmingham, Wolverhampton, Walsall, West Bromwich, Halesowen and Dudley.
Reporting to the Head of Risk the role will provide Second Line oversight and challenge of key Prudential ALM risks, covering market, liquidity and capital risks. Taking responsibility for the development and delivery of the ALM Risk Oversight Plan, ensuring it reflects the risk appetite and meets regulatory expectations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Continued development of the ALM Prudential Risk Management Framework, ensuring that it is dynamic and adapts to the changing priorities and challenges
- Development and delivery of an annual ALM Risk Oversight Plan to a standard that is consistent with the designated Board risk appetite and to the satisfaction of the Regulators.
- Reporting on the management of prudential risks, including review and challenge on:
- Day-to-day ALM activities
- Assumptions underpinning ALM monitoring, planning and reporting
- ALM related proposals presented to ALCo (and other related committees) for approval
- ICAAP and ILAAP submissions
- Highlight relevant changes to prudential regulation and guidance to key stakeholders, ensuring action is taken where appropriate
- Liaise with relevant First Line areas to ensure the ALM risk management practices continue to develop, reflecting best practice and regulatory insight
- Manage, coach and develop a small team
To be successful in this role will have the following skills and experience
- Substantial ALM experience ideally including development of liquidity modelling and reporting
- Subject matter expert for market, liquidity and capital risk management
- Degree level in relevant area such as finance, accountancy or economics would be desirable
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills essential
- Ability to develop and small team as well as other stakeholders across the Society