21 days ago
We are seeking to recruit a Lead Paralegal to work in the Volume Motor team in the Manchester office.
Only apply if you can demonstrate experience of credit hire and small claims, fast and multi-track cases.
You must have Motor litigated experience on either Claimant or Defendant side
Your new role:
We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate a real interest in motor insurance work, who is a team player with strong communication skills and attention to detail. We are also seeking a candidate who is familiar with working in a commercial environment.
The main function is to progress cases, under supervision, to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients whilst providing and maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement.
- Action all cases in line with practice group/client service standards and protocols.
- Use of the Case Management system
- Proactively settle/assist in the settlement of cases to the satisfaction of the client
- Analyse risk and develop sound judgement to justify decisions in the management of cases.
- Prioritise work efficiently and effectively to ensure client service level agreements and deadlines are met.
- Work flexibly in adjusting to changes in priority of workload as dictated by the practice group.
As a Paralegal you will:
- Proactively complete activities across a wide range of standardised work types, either as individual tasks or as part of a broader project, spanning a range of practice areas including (but not limited to) Real Estate, Insured Litigation, Commercial Litigation, and Finance Litigation.
- Liaise with instructors of work regarding return dates, managing their expectations and securing feedback to achieve service excellence and improve quality.
- Ensure accurate time recording of both chargeable and non-chargeable activity.
- File all emails and electronic documents into the relevant document management folders.
- Work towards achievement of individual KPI's and contributing to team performance.
Typical tasks would include:
- Drafting legal documents and standard forms
- Document review exercises
- Assessing the relevance of a wide range of documentation as part of contentious claims.
- Reviewing and reporting on documents as part of due diligence exercises.
- Legal support work to practice areas such as litigation, commercial, corporate, banking and insurance.
- Preparation of stamp duty land tax submissions and Land Registry applications
- Legal research
- Proof reading
- Drafting costs schedules
You will have the flexibility, willingness to learn on the job and to participate in learning and development opportunities.
Direction and guidance will be provided alongside a training schedule.
If you want to build an exciting future with one of Europe's most innovative legal businesses, apply below.
Please note, should you not receive feedback within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.