£55,000 – £70,000
30 days ago
To ensure adequate risk oversight of the business of the Branch, adhering with Group policies and limits and UK regulations. To support the compliance of regulatory requirements and to foster best risk management practices.
- Identify and monitor the Branch’s risks (Liquidity, Market, Credit, Operational, Legal);
- Analyse risk reports generated by the risk reporting systems (RiskWatch and ARA) to produce regular or ad-hoc management information;
- When required liaise with the traders, risk management department in Head Office and other areas to ensure adequate flow of information are in place to produce correct and timely risk reports;
- Investigate unexpected variations in VaR and other risk measures, liaising with Head Office to clarify and or correct any problems that may have potentially caused an erroneous reported figure;
- Prepare/Collect the required risk reports to be presented/discussed in Committee meetings;
- Perform periodic checks to ensure that our counterparty risks are correctly and timely reflected in the branch´s systems.
- Monitor the MtM of positions related with ISDA/CSA agreements in place and advise the traders and Operations of margin call requested/needed, liaising also with Head Office on Multi-branch agreements;
- Ensure the maintenance of the limit structure approved by the Committees as well as the counterparty credit limits within Siena, and the subsequent monitoring of these with the traders and writing up memos on any potential/or/ true breaches or issues arising;
- Assist Traders with any “sensitivity” analysis and “what if” scenarios simulations;
- Prepare the required documentation and reports needed to fulfil the Branch’s requirements under the regulators liquidity regime in a timely and correct manner, with the cooperation of Head Office departments involved;
- To monitor financial market conditions and prepare periodic financial market reports;
- Aggregating and analysing risk events reported by the business units into the Basel 2 categories.
- Performing a monthly reconciliation between the risk events reported to Management;
- Performing root cause analyses on identified risk events to recommend improvements to prevent these risk events from re-occurring in the future;
- Assisting the Principal Risk Owners with the identification of key risk indicators in their business units;
- Collect and collate all operational risk self-assessment forms and elaborating potential mechanisms to mitigate the risks identified.
- Monitoring the implementation of action plans to address medium and red key risks on the risk and control self-assessments/risk registers;
- Analysing identified trends in the key risk indicators reported to Management;
- Communicate, liaise, and negotiate internally and externally to facilitate the development of sustainable relationships;