MERJE is looking for an experienced Risk professional with broad expertise to join an established specialist lending business that has been providing financial services to its specific markets for over 40 years.
On offer is a salary of up to £90,000 + benefits. Based in south Manchester, the business offers some remote working flexibility at the moment but expects full office-based working as soon as current restrictions are lifted.
Applicants must be located and eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship.
Key Responsibilities of the Risk Manager:
- Second line of defence oversight of Interest Rate Risk, Liquidity, Capital, Counterparty Credit Risk, Product Pricing and Model Risk across Group Finance, ALM & Treasury
- Use extensive knowledge and expertise to inform decision making processes in relation to delivering robust strategies and mitigating risks
- Support the design, build and implementation of risk management frameworks
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and agreed procedures
- Review and challenge analysis and model outputs to ensure optimal exposure to risks
- Ensure the best data and analytical tools and skills are available within the business
Required knowledge and experience for the Risk Manager role:
- Strong research & analytical abilities and numerical academic history, with good MS Excel skills
- Extensive, broad and relevant risk experience within Financial Services – Capital, Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk essential, Counterparty Credit Risk, Product Pricing Risk, Model Risk, Prudential Risk highly beneficial, Operational Risk also nice to have
- 2LOD experience
- People management experience
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.