£60,000 - £75,000
6 months ago
MERJE have been retained by a globally renowned professional accountancy governing body to work on a Risk Manager position as part of the Governance Executive Directorate. The Risk Manager is responsible for championing the risk management process and improving staff engagement across the business globally, thereby enabling more effective identification and management of risks which may impact its ability to achieve its organisational objectives.
This role requires someone who is able to work with colleagues and other stakeholders at all levels of the organisation and transfer their knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject. They should be able to engage with the different operational functions to develop and embed the risk management process and be confident to communicate to the Executive Team and Audit Committee to present the strategic risks and mitigating actions.
- To engage with all levels of the organisation including Audit Committee and the Executive Team, to enhance and embed risk management processes. This will require effective challenge and support at Audit Committee and Executive Team meetings to ensure the capture and mitigation of key risks against the delivery of the strategy
- To develop good relationships and work closely with staff across all areas to lead and promote best practice in risk management. This will include helping to develop and finesse the risk appetite to drive a more effective decision making process
- To enhance and promote the risk escalation process which should encourage and assist all departments to identify and escalate risks to senior management and the risk manager
- To develop, design and deliver risk assessment training and awareness workshops to support and equip all staff sufficiently to identify and manage risk at both strategic and operational levels
- To monitor, evaluate and challenge existing risks and controls. This will include the provision of expert advice and challenge on the formulation and implementation of effective control frameworks
- To work collaboratively with colleagues in the Corporate Assurance team (which comprises Internal Audit, Legal and Information Security Assurance) to ensure there is a clear two-way communication process in place to provide timely and relevant information which will inform each other’s work (including the annual audit plan)
- To work collaboratively with key parts of the business, including the Strategy and Project Management Office to ensure risks are considered within the planning and project processes and inform key decision-making processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Hold a university degree or has completed equivalent higher education
- Possesses [or is actively working towards] a relevant professional risk or accounting qualification
- Relevant track record of delivering Risk Management in a comparable corporate environment
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding or Enterprise Risk Management principles and their practical application
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to challenge effectively and persuasively at all levels within an organisation
- The post-holder must be capable of communicating, motivating and challenging senior managers, directors and the Executive Team
- Highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic individual who is able to work on their own initiative and able to meet strict deadlines
- Communicates with other people without requiring direct supervision and provides technical guidance when required on speaking in a clear, concise and compelling manner
- Receptive to working in a changing environment and with a flexible attitude to work.