£55,000 - £65,000
4 months ago
MERJE have been retained by a globally renowned professional accountancy governing body to recruit a Senior Manager to take ownership of the design and delivery of their AML framework.
The position reports directly into the Head of Internal Audit and is responsible is responsible for championing the risk management process and improving staff engagement across globally, thereby enabling more effective identification and management of risks.
- To engage with all levels of the organisation including Audit Committee and the Executive Team, to enhance and embed risk management processes. This will require effective challenge and support at Audit Committee and Executive Team meetings to ensure the capture and mitigation of key risks.
- To develop good relationships and work closely with staff to lead and promote best practice in risk management. This will include helping to develop and finesse the risk appetite to drive a more effective decision making process
- To enhance and promote the risk escalation process which should encourage and assist all departments to identify and escalate risks to senior management and the risk manager
- To develop, design and deliver risk assessment training and awareness workshops to support and equip all staff sufficiently to identify and manage risk at both strategic and operational levels
- To work collaboratively with colleagues in the Corporate Assurance team (which comprises Internal Audit, Legal and Information Security Assurance) to ensure there is a clear two-way communication process in place to provide timely and relevant information which will inform each other’s work (including the annual audit plan)
- To work collaboratively with key parts of the business, including the Strategy and Project Management Office to ensure risks are considered within the planning and project processes and inform key decision-making processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Hold a university degree or has completed equivalent higher education
- Possesses [or is actively working towards] a relevant professional risk or accounting qualification
- Relevant track record of delivering Risk Management in a comparable corporate environment
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding or Enterprise Risk Management principles and their practical application
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to challenge effectively and persuasively at all levels within an organisation
- Communicates with other people without requiring direct supervision and provides technical guidance when required on speaking in a clear, concise and compelling manner
- Receptive to working in a changing environment and with a flexible attitude to work.