£100,000 - £120,000 + Bonus and Benefits
3 months ago
A very established organisation in the UK Mortgage market is looking to appoint a new Risk Director to lead the Risk strategy and culture for two of their regulated business wings.
Collaborating closely with the Head of Compliance and directly managing a Risk Manager, you’ll be challenged to provide short-term and long-term Risk strategies based on the vision and mission of the business.
You’ll take full authority of the Operational Risk Framework (ORF) and you’ll use your own initiative and technical knowledge to improve and maintain it. Although this role will mostly focus on the ORF and maturing the risk culture of the business, some knowledge around Credit Risk would be beneficial.
Using your leadership capabilities, you’ll provide guidance to the 1st line, initiate deep dives, and establish robust RCSA processes, risk assessments and risk events reporting. You will be leading team meetings and regularly provide detailed MI to inform the Board Risk Committee on the movement of key risks and the profile risks against the strategy’s appetite.
This would be an amazing opportunity for someone who has:
- Broad FS experience in senior Risk positions & SMF4 Approved Person
- Mortgage product knowledge essential, broader lending experience a plus
- Operational Risk experience is a must, knowledge of Credit Risk would be a plus
- Proven track record of developing and leading risk teams
- Knowledge of UK regulation, legislation and standards
- Degree educated (or relevant Risk qualification) & CeMap qualified (desirable not essential)
On a personal level, you will excel at this job if you are:
- Commercially and Financial savvy with an ability to approach issues strategically
- Strong leader who is not afraid to innovate and adapt
- Quick to identify potential problems and use initiative/consultation to resolve them
- Confident and very comfortable engaging and challenging senior stakeholders