c. £75,000 plus benefits
6 months ago
The role will involve supporting the business in further developing, rolling out, embedding and maintaining the Group’s Enterprise-wide Risk Management Framework as well as undertaking day to day risk management activities.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Head of Risk in further defining, documenting and training out the Group’s ERM Framework, including policies and guides, training & comms materials.
- Work with colleagues in each business function to ensure that they have properly identified and documented their key risks and associated controls and other mitigants and their action plans to address control gaps and other enhancements needed.
- Further develop risk event capture, review risk events and support and challenge business areas in taking appropriate remedial actions. Produce analysis and reporting on risk events including key trends and themes, adequacy and timeliness of management actions, etc.
- Assist the Head of Risk in the development and roll out a control self-assessment process, including working with each ExCo member and their delegate to help them understand what is required and how to undertake their CSA.
- Monitor for relevant market and regulatory developments relating to risk management requirements and practices and ensure the business is responding appropriately.
- Assist the Head of Risk with analysis of risk registers, risk events, operational loss and other data needed to enable preparation of high quality risk reporting for the Group Risk Committee and other forums.
- Act as the secretary to the Group Risk Committee and the Risk Events & Complaints Forum, preparing and circulating papers in advance and attending and minuting meetings.
- Assist the CRO in the ongoing development and preparation of regular reporting for ExCo, Boards and Committees
- Represent R&C on cross-functional projects and undertake other ad hoc tasks as directed.
- A deep understanding of risk management practices, tools, techniques and processes and good experience of working with all of these over +3 years.
- Good understanding of FCA requirements relating to risk management & systems and controls.
- Experience working in wealth management