Our client is a leading financial services firm who are recruiting an individual to lead the implementation and embed their Risk Management Framework – Risk management policy, framework, processes and reporting.
• Guide, support and challenge colleagues to deliver their roles and requirements under the Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) process, leading to an up to date and accurate risk register, providing support and guidance as necessary.
• Build open, trusted and mutually beneficial relationships with all functions (including all three lines of defence) based on transparent, two-way risk and control information exchange, using this information to inform the Risk’s function’s understanding of key risk exposures.
• Provide assurance to the Head of Risk on risk and controls through periodic deep dive reviews, investigations and general oversight work.
• Oversee and support the first line to carry out its responsibilities for risk incident management, including the production as appropriate of robust root cause analysis for risk incidents.
• Attendance at key business and governance forums in a second line capacity, providing both advice and robust challenge on business risks and mitigation actions.
The Ideal candidate:
• Educated to Degree level or holding a relevant Risk qualification e.g. through the Institute of Risk Management.
• Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the risk management landscape in financial services, its risk practices, techniques and governing regulations.
• Experience of working in a second-line function, or delivering the identification and management of risks in a Financial Services’ first-line function.