My client is a well-known Financial Services business who are going through a period of change and therefore looking to recruit a Risk & Control Manager to sit in the 1st line of defence.
The purpose of the role:
- Oversee and provide assurance of the application and adherence to Policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimising losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls and emerging risk across the Financial Services function.
- Independently assess risks and drive actions to address root cause that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed processes and practices.
- Provide assurance that customer communications are in line with policy, this includes customer credit documents such as, Credit Agreement, SECCI, T&C’s, letters etc that are clear, fair and not misleading.
- Execute regular audits to ensure that all communications to customers are presented as expected, reducing the risk of customer and regulatory risk.
- Assist the business in self-attestation against policies on an annual basis.
- You will communicate and execute breaches in KRIs, policies and tolerances found during assessment.
- Review and approval of Financial Promotions across a variety of marketing channels in line with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) requirements.
- Providing constructive advice and feedback to risk owners, internal stakeholders and executive members.
- Facilitate training, education sessions and provide ongoing support to the business on subject matters to improving knowledge and awareness on best practice and regulatory requirements.
- Experience of working in a first line or second line risk and compliance function within Financial Services is essential.
- Practical first line experience working in an FCA regulated business, ideally with a consumer lending element to that business.
- A good level of technical awareness and understanding of conduct risk, particularly in the delivery of fair customer outcomes.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment, including the FCA customer and conduct expectations.
- Strong knowledge of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) and Information Commissioners Office (ICO) regulations.
- Ability to diagnose and articulate material weaknesses in key controls and to identify proportionate and pragmatic solutions.
- Experience of being involved in the product development lifecycle as a risk expert
- Experience of running regulatory projects