Great opportunity for a Risk and Compliance Officer at award-winning, dynamic and vibrant financial services provider, based in South East London.The role purpose will be to guide the business and leadership team on emerging and existing prudential, conduct, product, and industry regulation including but not limited to SYSC, COBS, MIFID, CASS, TCF, AML and Payment Services Directive. Regulatory compliance experience gained within financial services ideally an insurance or Wealth Provider, demonstrating strong knowledge of FCA/PRA regulations is required for this role.
· Own the incident management and breach reporting framework for the business, reporting to the 2nd line on impact, undertaking root causes analysis, leading lessons learned briefings and presenting process improvement recommendations
· Provide subject matter expert advice to the business in its daily operations, supporting the operations consultants, fin ops team and investment operations team on risk and compliance matters.
· Regularly review the Operational Resilience framework within the business, ensuring key control documentation and appropriate oversight and control procedures are in place.
· Maintain the combined Finance and Operations Risk Register reporting on Level 1 and Level 2 Board risks and Risk Appetite Statements to the various management forums and committees.
· Undertake broker concentration risk monitoring, review case sizes and decency limits and support the QA function in the review of ID&V breaches, suspicious transaction monitoring and money laundering and financial crime concerns.
· Assist with Complaint Handling ensuring TCF principles are applied and complaints and handled and responded to in line with FCA guidelines and Group policy.
· Advise leadership team on emerging regulatory change providing impact assessments to senior management.
· Attend Change Management Forum and ensure Abbreviated Business Cases have given due consideration to prudential, conduct, product, and industry regulation.
· Facilitate 2nd line compliance and risk reviews, thematic walkthroughs and audits.
· Extensive regulatory compliance experience gained within financial services, demonstrating strong knowledge of FCA/PRA regulations including but not limited to, SYSC rules, MIFID, COBS, Treating Customers Fairly, AML, and Payment Services Directive (PSD).
· The ability to understand and interpret emerging regulatory guidelines, consultations, best practice guides and codes of practice.
· Extensive experience of wealth products with specific experience in SIPPs, ISAs, GIAs and platforms.
· Excellent stakeholder management skills, ability to communicate complex issues accurately and succinctly to employees at all levels in the business.
· Resilient – able to cope in a fast moving and challenging environment.
Experience of incident reporting and breach management