c.£60,000 + Benefits
5 months ago
The role will support the Head of Risk and Compliance in identifying and managing the firm's regulatory compliance and professional risks and will have operational responsibility for the risk and compliance team.
The role will also focus on evaluating the firm’s compliance with the SRA Handbook, other relevant rules and legislation. This will include identifying and analysing risks and then assessing if their internal compliance controls and policies are operating effectively and recommending ways to strengthen their internal risk structure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Operational matters within the risk and compliance team including managing the individuals in the team and ensuring all processes are followed
- Serving as a confidential point of contact for all staff to seek clarification on issues of compliance
- Conducting internal investigations of compliance issues
- In conjunction with the risk and compliance team, performing an annual risk assessment on the key compliance areas, maintaining documentation of compliance activities and aid in the development of the firm’s compliance plan
- Analysing the findings of internal audits and file review data to identify any risk management issues and internal control deficiencies
- Preparing management reports regarding compliance operations and risks
- Monitoring and considering the impact of regulatory and legislative changes to identify gaps in the firm’s compliance knowledge and being proactive to address those gaps
- Annually reviewing, developing and updating compliance policies, procedures, client retainer documentation and processes/systems to ensure continuing relevance
- Managing the firm’s quality accreditations and liaising with external auditors as required
- Building on the firm’s approach and culture towards compliance and taking appropriate steps to improve when necessary
- Working with the Head of Risk and Compliance and others to develop and deliver an effective compliance training program, including appropriate induction training and ongoing training for all employees
- Instituting and maintaining an effective compliance communication program including promoting the use of the Risk & Compliance Microsite and raising awareness of emerging compliance issues and related policies and procedures
- Providing input into business and strategic decisions from a compliance perspective, including providing support for tender applications
- A detailed understanding of the regulatory framework, including the SRA Code of Conduct, SRA Accounts and other relevant rules and legislation
- The technical ability to identify, analyse and evaluate the impact of regulatory and legislative changes on the firm
- Experience of working with and developing regulatory policies, procedures and quality accreditations
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.