£85,000 + Bonus + Benefits
7 months ago
My financial services client is looking for a new Risk and Compliance Director to be responsible for the successful leadership, strategic and operational management of the Risk & Compliance function across the business.
You will be required to develop and implement the strategic approach to quality and performance management, leading a number of teams to implementing a high quality service ensuring full compliance with all statutory and regulatory obligations, including the development and implementation of an effective Performance and Assurance Framework.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide advice and guidance on applicable current and prospective FCA matters
- Create and implement group-wide compliance frameworks and policies
- Design the Group’s annual compliance monitoring program seeking operational inboard and board approval
- Effective execution of the compliance monitoring program
- Ensure effective second line compliance monitoring is in place proportionately across the business
- Support and challenge first line regulatory controls within the operational units of the group
- Complete FCA Gabriel and other regulatory returns
- Manage the people, operational systems, processes and policies in support of the department’s mission – specifically supporting the overall business strategy.
- Manage the effectiveness and efficiency of the area through playing a significant role in long-term planning, and on-going initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Drive key performance indicators in the department that contribute to target achievement
- Providing consulting services on matters related to own area of expertise to aid business structure and growth.
- Ensure an effective framework providing oversight of the risks covering people, property, finances, and reputation and implement measures to control risk
- Design, propose & implement the annual Risk Management Plan
- Develop and implement strategic approach to how insured or insurable risks are managed and aligned with the risk profile.
- Creates and maintains effective working relationship with regulators and external parties
- Represents the compliance department at senior level, both internally and externally
- Provides compliance expertise and senior leadership experience to the role
- Drives a culture of good practice and compliance behaviour
- Creates a distinction between regulation and business risk management
- Knowledge and experience of;
- Personal lines insurance intermediary services within the UK
- Experience in high growth financial services businesses
- Strong resilience and seasoned influencing skills
- Background in identifying risks in relation to insurance, data protection and other regulatory requirements
- Deep experience of best practice risk and compliance management in financial services, combining an understanding of operational, regulatory and conduct risk
To discuss the role in greater detail please contact Paul Clayton on 0161-883-2747 or send through your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.