This new role sits in Group Risk and Compliance and the main purpose is to maintain a close relationship with the Business Units, actively influencing day to day decisions, shape strategy and the direction of the team, through guidance and advice in respect of Risk and Regulation matters. Business Partners need to develop a deep understanding of the BU’s business models, products and regulatory environments, and to facilitate identification, assessment and mitigation of risks.
This role will also be the Risk and Compliance Business Partner for this multi-product Financial Services & Commercial business, delivering expert support and building strong relationships across the SLT.
1. Develop the business partner relationship with the Team.
2. Working with the Leadership team, providing strategic advice in respect of appropriate control environments (working with the Policy and Technical Team where appropriate).
3. Supporting the Leadership team as appropriate in ensuring regulatory requirements are met, including providing support, challenge and advice.
4. Proactively seek to improve local processes and working practices to drive efficiencies across the team and wider business.
5. Assist the Assurance team in ensuring that remedial action is taken where any deficiencies are identified because of assurance activity.
6. Assist the Policy and Technical team with horizon scanning and monitoring of internal policies, procedures and controls against new regulations.
7. Support the business and the Conduct and Culture manager in the implementation and embedding of SMCR requirements.
Capability, Knowledge and Experience:
• Relevant regulatory experience is mandatory.
• Experience in a comparable role within a control function of an FCA regulated firm, or other relevant professional experience, e.g., as a legal professional or as a consultant working with regulated firms.
• Demonstrable experience working directly with and Senior Leadership
• Highly numerate, with the ability to assimilate information quickly and accurately to inform decisions around key functions, such as risk and compliance.
• Technical working knowledge of the FCA regulations, OFCOM regulations, DPA and other regulated compliance matters as are pertinent to AA products.
• The ability to generate creative solutions and novel ways to deal with problems and opportunities.
• Determination and resilience; the ability to remain focused on results at all times and makes repeated efforts that ensure objectives are achieved despite setbacks, disappointments or distractions.
• A logical approach to problem solving; identifying relevant information and key issues and relationships when assessing operational data.
• A customer focussed approach and a passion for achieving a world-class business and customer experience.
• Influencing skills.
• Ability to deliver service in a timely and effective manner.
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.