Position: Risk Analyst
Salary:Up to £70k depending on experience
Reports to:Manager, Risk Analytics
Direct Reports None
Internal Relationships: Finance, Treasury, and business users of analytics
External Relationships:Occasional work with auditors and external consultants
· Support the Risk Analytics team in delivering and developing insights on a wide range of risks, in particular Credit (including ECL), Liquidity & Funding, Operational, Interest Rate and Climate Risks and stresses.The role includes providing support for ICAAP, ILAAP and Recovery Planning
· Run and enhance risk appetite measurement models and related forecasting
· Support development of good model governance including structured development, documentation of models and design and running of model validation tests.This includes assisting with evaluation of PD/EAD/LGD and macro-economic drivers for credit models, as well as statistical evaluation of operational loss histories
· Support the development of data repositories (which may entail integration with third party systems and data sources)
Good university degree (2.1 or better)
· Intermediate level post-graduate with 2 to 3 years’ commercial experience (or consultant)
· Experience in a banking or financial institution (Risk, Business Portfolio Analysis or Finance), including credit and / or liquidity regulatory calculations and production of management information and reports.
· Practical experience and knowledge of the credit cycle including credit appraisal (and rating schemes / credit decision models)
· Familiarity with the operations of Treasury including liquidity and funding risk management
· Broad familiarity with stress-testing (regular and episodic e.g. ICAAP)
· Skilled in the visualization of data, and selecting appropriate chart types to inform management
· Good communication skills, and the ability to write and speak on technical issues to nontechnical audience
· Knowledge of statistical and mathematical concepts such as Monte-Carlo and credit transition matrices would be useful
· Skilled with Microsoft Excel, including creation of spread sheets with embedded error checking for use in semi-production environments.Experience of MS-Access and/or SQL development would be useful
· Exposure to “R” and “Python” for coding would be useful
· Ability to adapt to working in a multi-cultural environment
· Highly efficient, team player, with good attention to detail, accuracy
· High standard performer that enjoys working in a dynamic and small team
· Ability to work unsupervised, to tight deadlines and to withstand occasional high pressure
· Accuracy and high level of numeracy and literacy
· Pragmatic and creative, able to work with and get insight from limited and imperfect data
Key Success Factors
· Consistent high quality output and performance.
· Ability to contribute positively to small, close team and establish good working relationships with relevant parties and colleagues.
· Willingness to learn and take on new challenges.
Any Other Comments
This role would be of interest to someone early in their career who wishes to develop a broad and detailed view of the management of all risks in a bank and the opportunity to work closely with senior management that comes in a smaller organization.