Opportunity to join a team of restructuring specialists working directly with customers assisting the turnaround of viable businesses, minimising loss for the Bank. You’ll manage a portfolio of complex names of underperforming or problem assets arising within the Corporate Banking book. Every case will be unique with its own challenges.
Utilising your analytical and problem-solving skills, inquiring mind, and knowledge of Credit Risk / Structured finance you will facilitate restructures, balancing the needs of the customer and improving the risk for the Bank.
• Taking primary responsibility for managing higher risk cases.
• Presenting to Credit Committee a concise view/overview of problem loan situations. including file strategy, assessment of options and recommendation.
• Taking responsibility for documentation/deal execution.
• Carrying out provision assessments on non-performing loan cases.
• Attending Watchlist review forums and follow up meetings with the customer and Relationship Director where the credit is showing early warning signs of deterioration.
• Working closely with and supporting the Senior Managers on high profile and higher risk cases.
• Experienced within UK Restructuring in a mid-market environment, dealing directly with customers.
• Strong credit risk and analytical skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills including presenting complex information to senior stakeholders, and effective negotiation.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Confident with cashflow lending and trading businesses
• Knowledge of Bank products and deal structures including inter-creditor positions
Please note, should feedback not be received within 28 days due to the large volume of applications, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. However, we may be in touch with similar relevant opportunities.
If you would like this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact MERJE directly.