A great opportunity for an experienced compliance consultant to work for an independent, specialist financial services regulatory consultancy with a global offering who due to continued growth currently have an opening within the team. This role is based within the Funds Practice which delivers high quality regulatory advice and support to clients in the specialist areas of asset management, funds, private equity, corporate finance and real estate
Key responsibilities include:
- Significant compliance-related experience gained at a financial institution, consultancy and/or the regulator
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of advising funds, private equity, corporate finance, asset management and/or real estate firms.
- Ability to provide high quality advice and support to clients on a range of regulatory compliance matters.
- Deep understanding of the FCA’s policies and procedures
- Experience translating regulatory rules and guidance into meaningful, fit-for-purpose and pragmatic solutions for clients
- Proven track record of exceeding financial goals and sales targets;
- Experience managing client relationships
- A broad understanding and an appetite to keep learning.
- Clear approach to Business Development as well as personal responsibility for achieving the agreed sales target
- Ability to build and maintain professional working relationships with clients, trade bodies and the regulator(s)
- Occasionally, there may be a need to assist other teams and clients on a wider range of regulatory matters, so you’ll be keen to develop your knowledge across the spectrum and be willing to collaborate on work outside of your main areas of expertise, including; conducting regulatory reviews, delivering training sessions, assisting with authorisations, drafting policies and procedures.
- A degree, ideally in a relevant subject
Please note - The candidate will have responsibility for building the pipeline by generating new leads and leveraging existing relationships to maximise opportunities for up/cross-selling. Therefore, prior consulting experience would be advantageous.